Asus Zenfone 6 Root is now possible, thanks for Magisk. In this article, learn how to root Zenfone 6 and Install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 6.
Asus has been in the business for quite some time now. Even though they have not had any huge success, they have managed to get a place in the market with some fan following. This year, Asus has delivered some great Android devices. Asus Zenfone 6, in particular, is a stellar device which offers a lot for the price it is asking. Zen UI has improved quite a lot in the past year and has been winning some hearts on it own. Of all the features of the device, the camera is what that has captured everyone’s attention.
Asus Zenfone 6 is one of Asus’ latest offerings and it does come with some impressive specs for the asking price. In this article, we will guide on how to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zeonfone 6 and Root Asus Zenfone 6 using Magisk.
A friendly reminder that rooting or installing TWRP or any sort of custom stuff (ROM/Kernel/Mods/Recovery) might void your warranty. That said, the stuff we mentioned earlier are pretty complex and if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing, this may not be for you. All that said, proceed with caution and always have a full backup of your data.
- Your Asus Zenfone 6 with unlocked bootloader.
- Make sure you have the latest ADB and Fastboot installed on your device.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock. To do this go to your Settings > About phone. Now tap on the Build Number 7 times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”. Go back to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Make sure you have enough charge left on your device to survive the process. 50% is recommended.
Install TWRP on Asus Zenfone 6
- On Windows, extract ‘platform-tools-windows.zip’ file (the ADB Zip file from Requirements section). You will get a folder called ‘platform-tools’. This is where you have the ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Copy and Paste the TWRP image file which you have downloaded above inside the above said ‘platform-tools’ folder.
- Connect your Asus Zenfone 6 to your PC with a USB Cable.
- On Windows: Go to the platform-tools and enter cmd in the address bar.
On Mac and Linux: Right-click inside the folder and select Open in Terminal to launch a Terminal window and start using ADB.
- Execute the below command in the command prompt/terminal window to reboot your phone into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
You may need to allow USB debugging permissions on your phone if this is the first time you are doing this.
- Once you are in fastboot mode, in the Terminal, enter this command now to boot your device with TWRP.
fastboot boot test-twrp-3.3.1-1-I01WD-zenfonde6.img
- When your device boots to TWRP, go to Advanced > ADB Sideload and then swipe at the bottom to start it.
- Now use this command on the PC and flash the TWRP zip file.
adb sideload /path/to/test-twrp-3.3.1-1-I01WD-zenfonde6.img
Similarly, replace /path/to/ with the actual path to the TWRP file and use the correct file name.
- Once the above process completes, go back to TWRP main menu and select Reboot > recovery.
Root Asus Zenfone 6
- When your device is back in TWRP recovery, start the ADB sideload again: Go to Advanced > ADB Sideload and then swipe at the bottom to start it.
- Now flash the Magisk zip by executing the below command.
adb sideload /path/to/magisk.zip
Note: Replace with the correct path and file names.
- Once Magisk is flashed successfully, reboot your device. You’ll find Magisk Manager in your app drawer.
Done! Your Asus Zenfone 6 is now rooted with Magisk. This is the easiest way to root Asus Zenfone 6 and Install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 6.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: