Poco F1 Root is now possible, thanks for Magisk. In this article, learn how to root Poco F1 using magisk and Install TWRP Recovery Poco F1.
Xiaomi Poco F1 is one of the most important Android smartphones released last year. Poco F1 is the device that reminded the users that they don’t have to spend a lot of money to get a great Android experience. Poco F1 is truly a flagship killer of the year it was introduced. It came with the latest Snapdragon Chipset, 8 GB of RAM, and up to 256 of storage. All at a price, less than half of other flagship devices. Sure, it had cut some corners to reduce the price point but it was one heck of a device for the price.
Xiaomi Poco F1 is one of their latest offerings and it does come with some impressive specs for the asking price. In this article, we will guide on how to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1 and Root Poco F1 using Magisk.
A friendly reminder that rooting or installing TWRP or any sort of custom stuff (ROM/Kernel/Mods/Recovery) might void your warranty. That said, the stuff we mentioned earlier are pretty complex and if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing, this may not be for you. All that said, proceed with caution and always have a full backup of your data.
- Your Xiaomi Poco F1 with unlocked bootloader.
- Make sure you have the latest ADB and Fastboot installed on your device.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock. To do this go to your Settings > About phone. Now tap on the MIUI version 7 times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”. Go back to Settings > AdditionalSettings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Make sure you have enough charge left on your device to survive the process. 50% is recommended.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers.
Install TWRP on Xiaomi Poco F1
- On Windows, extract ‘platform-tools-windows.zip’ file (the ADB Zip file from Requirements section). You will get a folder called ‘platform-tools’. This is where you have the ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Copy and Paste the TWRP image file which you have downloaded above inside the above said ‘platform-tools’ folder.
- Transfer the DisableForceEncryption file to your Poco F1’s internal storage.
- On Windows: Go to the platform-tools and enter cmd in the address bar.
On Mac and Linux: Right-click inside the folder and select Open in Terminal to launch a Terminal window and start using ADB.
- Connect your Poco F1 to the PC with a USB cable and grant ADB debugging permissions to the PC on your phone if asked.
- Execute the below command in the command prompt/terminal window to reboot your phone into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
You may need to allow USB debugging permissions on your phone if this is the first time you are doing this.
- Once you are in fastboot mode, in the Terminal, enter this command now to boot your device with TWRP.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-22.214.171.124-beryllium-20180831.img
- Once the recovery is flashed, use the following command to boot your device directly into TWRP recovery instead of rebooting it.
fastboot boot twrp-126.96.36.199-beryllium-20180831.img
- In TWRP recovery: When asked to Keep System Read-only?, tap on the Keep Read Only button to not allow for system modifications.
- Tap on Install on the main menu and select DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip. Swipe at the bottom to flash the zip and disable encryption.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot > Recovery.
Root Xiaomi Poco F1
- Once you are in TWRP again, select Wipe > Format data and then type yes. This will wipe your device entirely.
- Connect your device to your PC and copy the Magisk zip file to your device’s storage (while still inside TWRP).
- Once again, select Install in the TWRP main menu and this time select and flash the Magisk zip.
- Once the flashing process completes, tap on the Reboot system button that appears at the bottom.
When the device reboot, check if you have Magisk Manager APK installed on your Poco F1. This is the easiest way to root Poco F1 and install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1.