Realme 3 Pro Root is now possible, thanks for Magisk. In this article, learn how to root Realme 3 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery on it.
Realme has only been in the game for a couple of years now but it sure has gained quite a bit of fan following in a short period of time. Realme is aggressively pricing its devices clearly targeting the affordable phone market. Xiaomi Redmi series of smartphones used to have little t0 no competition in the area until Realme showed up. Realme is following the exact footsteps of Redmi – devices with great design, good software update support, flash sales, and whatnot.
Realme 3 Pro is one of their latest offerings and it does come with some impressive specs for the asking price. In this article, we will guide on how to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3 Pro and Root Realme 3 Pro using Magisk.
A friendly reminder that rooting or installing TWRP or any sort of custom stuff (ROM/Kernel/Mods/Recovery) might void your warranty. That said, the stuff we mentioned earlier are pretty complex and if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing, this may not be for you. All that said, proceed with caution and always have a full backup of your data.
- Your Realme 3 Pro with unlocked bootloader.
- Make sure you have the latest ADB and Fastboot installed on your device.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock. To do this go to your Settings > About phone. Now tap on the Build Number times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”. Go back to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Make sure you have enough charge left on your device to survive the process. 50% is recommended.
Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3 Pro
- On Windows, extract ‘platform-tools-windows.zip’ file (the ADB Zip file from Requirements section). You will get a folder called ‘platform-tools’. This is where you have the ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Copy and Paste the TWRP image file which you have downloaded above inside the above said ‘platform-tools’ folder.
- Connect your Realme 3 Pro to your PC with a USB Cable.
- On Windows: Go to the platform-tools and enter cmd in the address bar.
On Mac and Linux: Right-click inside the folder and select Open in Terminal to launch a Terminal window and start using ADB.
- Execute the below command in the command prompt/terminal window to reboot your phone into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
You may need to allow USB debugging permissions on your phone if this is the first time you are doing this.
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, flash the TWRP image you downloaded earlier.
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/twrp-3.3.1-1-RMX1851.img
Replace /path/to/ with the location path of the image file. If the image file is in the same folder as the ADB and Fastboot tools, then use the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-1-RMX1851.img
- Once the image flashes successfully, reboot your device using the following command:
Root Realme 3 Pro
- Connect your device to the PC again using USB cable and execute the ADB command given below to boot it into TWRP recovery.
adb reboot recovery
- Once in TWRP recovery, please take a full NANDroid backup of your device, just in case you may want to revert your device back to a working state, if anything goes wrong. To do this: go to Backup and select all the partitions. Swipe at the bottom to begin the backup process.
- Next, select Install from the TWRP main menu. Now, navigate to and select the downloaded Magisk Zip file and select it.
- Swipe at the bottom to flash the zip.
- When the installation completes, you will see a Reboot system button at the bottom, tap on it and your device will reboot.
Congratulations, now you have successfully rooted Realme 3 Pro and also installed Realme 3 Pro TWRP Recovery.